Using VirtaMove to Extend Legacy ApplicationsValerie Yates
VirtaMove can help you extend legacy applications by running old apps on new servers. There are five tangible benefits to running old apps on new servers:
- A new OS closes known security exposures and also addresses the compliance concerns of depending on an unsupported OS
- New servers improve system performance and let users do more work
- Stack components such as IIS and SQL Server can be upgraded during a move
- A greenfield OS lets you manage apps with modern tools and scale to meet demand
- The lifecycle of apps can be extended, and development can address new requirements, such as GDPR, multi-tenancy, or Azure SQL.