VirtaMove can help you extend legacy applications by running old apps on new servers. There are five tangible benefits to running old apps on new servers:
- A new OS closes known security exposures and also addresses the compliance concerns of depending on an unsupported OS
- New servers improve system performance and let users do more work
- Stack components such as IIS and SQL Server can be upgraded during a move
- A greenfield OS lets you manage apps with modern tools and scale to meet demand
- The lifecycle of apps can be extended, and development can address new requirements, such as GDPR, multi-tenancy, or Azure SQL.
Read the Blog: How Moving Legacy Applications to a Modern Operating System Extends their Useful Life