Joining the VirtaMove team makes you part of the cutting edge of Windows Server application migration. We are building a passionate, dedicated, and talented team. We welcome diversity in our people and their thinking. Our atmosphere is fast-paced, free-thinking, and rewarding.
Working with VirtaMove for my first co-op placement has been an amazing experience. From testing to development, I’ve had the opportunity to work with many aspects of the code, helping me further my skills as an engineer. I can’t imagine gaining this hands on experience anywhere else!
I began working for VirtaMove as a co-op in January 2017. Since then, VirtaMove has provided me with the opportunities to prove and improve myself as a software developer. Professionally, VirtaMove helped me propel myself to new heights, but it’s the fun and welcoming atmosphere that inevitably drew me in. Now, as a full time employee, I can see those same experiences being passed on to each new face that joins our team.
Why join VirtaMove?
Because we have a great team and you’ll have a great time. You’ll grow, learn, and have a chance to make a real impact. We’re that rare positive start-up that includes fun as a core value. At VirtaMove it’s not a dress rehearsal.
Culture and Values
The founding principles of our company culture are respect, value, teamwork, and fun.
Respect for the individual and for our customers and partners brings mutual understanding.
Our solutions and problem solving create value for everyone involved: our employees, shareholders, customers, and partners.
Many hands make light work. VirtaMove team members care passionately about doing work that helps others.
We work hard and fast, but we do it with humor because it’s just more fun that way.
Current Job Openings at VirtaMove
VirtaMove is seeking a results-oriented, technically savvy inside sales person to help grow our software business in the enterprise and service-provider markets.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for identifying and establishing meetings with qualified contacts within targeted segments. Experience with software sales and exceeding qualified lead and revenue goals is a plus.
- Assist in building a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through developing new inquiries and following up on marketing-generated inquiries
- Key contact identification/org chart building
- Identify and qualify potential prospects through proactive outbound calls
- Marketing campaign follow up, lead qualification, and meeting booking
- Help drive attendance to marketing events (e.g., webinars, tradeshows, seminars etc.)
- Maintain level of metrics to meet activity goals – call volume, email campaigns, etc.
- Data entry and lead management in Hubspot
- Management of leads and first meetings through opportunity development process
- Track all prospecting activities and enter new contacts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years experience in software inside sales/sales
- Demonstrated track record of selling over the phone with a history of exceeding sales goals
- Proven track record of selling to IT
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company
- Comfortable with metrics and pay for direct performance
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to move into AE role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Hubspot
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud computing technologies a plus
- B2B experience
This position is located in Markham, Ontario. VirtaMove offers a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive base salary and commission plan. If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume and a note telling us why you’re a good fit to: careers@VirtaMove.com. Please put “Inside Sales” in the subject line.
VirtaMove is looking for a technically savvy B2B Software Sales Representative who will play a critical role in driving new business and developing and maintaining customer relationships. The qualified candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle for VirtaMove’s Migration Intelligence Suite and Professional Services.
- Generate and follow up on new leads and referrals
- Harvest existing base of clients, positioning additional services and solutions to meet their needs
- Present and sell VirtaMove solutions and services
- Manage the entire sales cycle, from lead to onboarding
- Act as liaison between the customer and the Engineering and Professional Services teams
- Account Management: The B2B Software Sales Representative will be the customer’s main point of contact for assigned accounts, pre-sales and post-sales follow up to ensure customer satisfaction
Travel to customer sites is required (25% – 50%).
The B2B Software Sales Representative will also travel to and participate in industry tradeshows and marketing events.
Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years of sales and account management experience in the high tech sector
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Negotiation skills; able to leverage the value, not only the price
- Strong customer relations skills
- Results-driven, hunter mentality
- Self-starter, strong sense of initiative; independently seeks out new business opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Business Administration or a combination of education and experience
If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume and a note telling us why you’re a good fit to: careers@VirtaMove.com. Please put “B2B Software Sales Rep” in the subject line.
VirtaMove is looking for Windows Server Experts in both Toronto and Ottawa.
Windows Server Experts play an important role in building customer relationships while driving the adoption of VirtaMove’s products. The qualified candidate will be responsible for pre and post-sale delivery of VirtaMove’s Window Server application migration solution. Primary responsibilities include: remote and on-site application migrations using Migration Intelligence (MI) Suite, providing technical guidance, and ensuring a successful customer experience.
- Performing migrations using MI Suite including assessment, migration, and post migration trouble-shooting
- Understanding and communicating customer requirements
- Presenting and demonstrating MI Suite to prospects, customers, and partners
- 3+ years of experience in using Window Server
- Working knowledge of Windows application deployments, including operating systems (Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016), networking, storage, databases, and runtime environments such as Web servers, .Net, Java, etc.
- OS configuration skills and the ability to determine an application’s footprint
- Preferably a background in application migrations
- Troubleshooting / debugging background – the ability to understand application logs and Procmon (Process Monitor)
- Familiarity with typical IT operations and deployment processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent relationship building experience
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel
- College diploma or a degree in Computer Science or a combination of education and experience
Please send your resume and a note telling us why you’re a good fit to: careers@VirtaMove.com. Please put “Windows Server Expert” in the subject line.
Customer Success Associate
At VirtaMove, our mission is to provide software and services that deliver tangible value to customers by automating the modernization and movement of applications to new servers and clouds. We are hiring a Customer Success Associate to work along-side of our Customer Success Manager to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. The Customer Success Associate will be a trusted advisor to our customers and will foster and grow customer relationships. Key responsibilities will include handling the on-boarding, end-user adoption and maintaining ongoing customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Create customer excitement about VirtaMove’s Migration Intelligence Suite
- Help customers adopt and optimize their use of the VirtaMove product line quickly and efficiently
- Act as a liaison between internal teams to ensure customer’s needs are being met; coordinate with sales, field operations, support and the software development team
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate web-based training sessions, webinars and product demonstrations
- Lead technical demos
- Understand and explain features and benefits of the VirtaMove’s product line.
- Proactively manage each customer’s business needs and environments and actively seek opportunities to up-sell, cross-sell and generate referrals
- Identify sales opportunities to be forwarded to the sales team
- Advocate for customer needs for training and services
- Develop materials such as videos and tutorials to support customer success
- Must be able to travel to customer sites and tradeshows
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a customer success role (software or IT industry experience is preferred)
- Proven track record of building strong customer relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communications kills
- Strong technical/IT skills
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology or a combination of skills and experience
- Project management skills and experience would be a big plus
Please send your resume and a note telling us why you’re a good fit to: careers@VirtaMove.com. Please put “Customer Success Associate” in the subject line.
VirtaMove’s products and services provide a fast, flexible way to move server applications to a cloud or datacenter, without code change. Encapsulating Windows applications in VM/OS-free containers, VirtaMove’s patented software moves most Windows server applications with ease. VirtaMove allows you to move applications from an old OS to a newer one, and to modernize and move to the cloud efficiently.