Interested in working at VirtaMove? We’re always looking for talent! Check out our latest career opportunities below.
IT Application and Server Technical Specialist
We’re always looking for IT Applications/Server Technical Specialist who will be responsible for the pre and post-sale delivery of VirtaMove’s Window Server application migration solution. Primary responsibilities include: remote and on-site application migrations using Migration Intelligence (MI) Suite, providing technical guidance, and ensuring a successful customer experience.
- Performing migrations using MI Suite including assessment, migration, and post-migration trouble-shooting
- Understanding and communicating customer requirements
- Presenting and demonstrating MI Suite to prospects, customers, and partners
- The ideal candidate has 3 – 5 years of relevant experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar
- 3+ years of experience in using Window Server
- Familiarity with the server migration process, security, and hardening of servers;
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl, or other language
- Knowledge of Networking and Active Directory
- Experience working with a wide range of technical skills is a must
- Knowledge of virtualization software such as VMWare / AWS cloud services
- Working knowledge of Windows application deployments, including operating systems (Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016), networking, storage, databases, and runtime environments such as Web servers, .Net, Java, etc.
- OS configuration skills and the ability to determine an application’s footprint
- Preferably a background in application migrations
- Troubleshooting / debugging background – the ability to understand application logs and Procmon (Process Monitor)
- Familiarity with typical IT operations and deployment processes
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent relationship-building experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Travel may be required from time to time
- College diploma or a degree in Computer Science or a combination of education and experience
Please send your resume and a note telling us why you’re a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “IT Application and Server Technical Specialist” in the subject line.
VirtaMove is always looking for Software Developers to work with a highly skilled and motivated team. Ideal candidates love troubleshooting and solving challenging technical issues.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Develop, debug and maintain high-quality code for our VirtaMove product
- Develop requirements and specifications and assist in the architectural vision
- Work closely with the software manager, field and QA teams
- Evaluate business and software requirements to design, develop, test and implement new software
- Perform sufficient unit and system testing to ensure delivery of quality software
- Maintain proper documentation and use software development methodologies
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve product releases with respect to quality, ease of use, and time to market
- Development experience with C and C++ is a must. C#, powershell, and VB are desirable
- Experience with Git, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Project management experience would be considered a strong asset
- Great debugging and analysis skills – this position requires a hands-on approach to solving issues
- Strong communication skills to discuss issues directly with customers
- Self-motivated and able to learn and adapt to new technologies and ideas quickly
- 3-5 years of experience in developing and delivering software products
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related, or a combination of education and experience
Please send your resume and a note telling us why you’re a good fit to: email@example.com. Please put “Software Developer” in the subject line.
“I began working for VirtaMove as a co-op in January 2017. Since then, VirtaMove has provided me with the opportunities to prove and improve myself as a software developer. Professionally, VirtaMove helped me propel myself to new heights, but it’s the fun and welcoming atmosphere that inevitably drew me in. Now, as a full time employee, I can see those same experiences being passed on to each new face that joins our team.“
Software Developer, VirtaMove