Interested in working at VirtaMove? We’re always looking for talent! Check out our latest career opportunities below.
IT Application and Server Technical Specialist
We’re always looking for IT Applications/Server Technical Specialist who will be responsible for the pre and post-sale delivery of VirtaMove’s Window Server application migration solution. Primary responsibilities include: remote and on-site application migrations using Migration Intelligence (MI) Suite, providing technical guidance, and ensuring a successful customer experience.
- Performing migrations using MI Suite including assessment, migration, and post-migration trouble-shooting
- Understanding and communicating customer requirements
- Presenting and demonstrating MI Suite to prospects, customers, and partners
- The ideal candidate has 3 – 5 years of relevant experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar
- 3+ years of experience in using Window Server
- Familiarity with the server migration process, security, and hardening of servers;
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl, or other language
- Knowledge of Networking and Active Directory
- Experience working with a wide range of technical skills is a must
- Knowledge of virtualization software such as VMWare / AWS cloud services
- Working knowledge of Windows application deployments, including operating systems (Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016), networking, storage, databases, and runtime environments such as Web servers, .Net, Java, etc.
- OS configuration skills and the ability to determine an application’s footprint
- Preferably a background in application migrations
- Troubleshooting / debugging background – the ability to understand application logs and Procmon (Process Monitor)
- Familiarity with typical IT operations and deployment processes
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent relationship-building experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Travel may be required from time to time
- College diploma or a degree in Computer Science or a combination of education and experience
Please send your resume and a note telling us why you’re a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “IT Application and Server Technical Specialist” in the subject line.
VirtaMove is always looking for Software Developers to work with a highly skilled and motivated team. Ideal candidates love troubleshooting and solving challenging technical issues.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Develop, debug and maintain high-quality code for our VirtaMove product
- Develop requirements and specifications and assist in the architectural vision
- Work closely with the software manager, field and QA teams
- Evaluate business and software requirements to design, develop, test and implement new software
- Perform sufficient unit and system testing to ensure delivery of quality software
- Maintain proper documentation and use software development methodologies
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve product releases with respect to quality, ease of use, and time to market
- Development experience with C and C++ is a must. C#, powershell, and VB are desirable
- Experience with Git, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Project management experience would be considered a strong asset
- Great debugging and analysis skills – this position requires a hands-on approach to solving issues
- Strong communication skills to discuss issues directly with customers
- Self-motivated and able to learn and adapt to new technologies and ideas quickly
- 3-5 years of experience in developing and delivering software products
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related, or a combination of education and experience
Please send your resume and a note telling us why you’re a good fit to: email@example.com. Please put “Software Developer” in the subject line.
“I began working for VirtaMove as a co-op in January 2017. Since then, VirtaMove has provided me with the opportunities to prove and improve myself as a software developer. Professionally, VirtaMove helped me propel myself to new heights, but it’s the fun and welcoming atmosphere that inevitably drew me in. Now, as a full time employee, I can see those same experiences being passed on to each new face that joins our team.“
Software Developer, VirtaMove
Your security and data modernization can start now.
Let’s talk about your migration needs. Let’s build a plan to get you there.